Well that title was a mouthful. Try saying it 5 times fast.
I finally got some time to meet up with a friend and get some airbrushing lessons. So this was the perfect time to undertake the next stage of “Project: Sir-Walks-A-Lot”. He base coated most of it while explaining things to watch out for and how to properly use a airbrush. All in all it was a great learning experience and I plan to airbrush my Colossal Conquest myself. I initially messed up parts of the model when I was trying to use a saw not quite up to the job while converting it and decided to use that as a excuse to work on doing some basic battle damage on it. I think it came out decent and might do the same on the Conquest.
I decided not to post the finished model until after Lock & Load and the reactions there were pretty awesome. I will be posting a tutorial of this conversion soon
This picture was actually taken using the light box at Lock & Load. Thanks to the PP crew!
- Black P3 Primer
- Airbrushed the base coat color using thinned out Vallejo Game Colors at a 45 degree angle and from the top similar to Zenithal priming
- Finished the rest of the model by hand
- Made simple battle damage effect using blacks and silvers
- Did some freehand work on the bulldozer and side of the model
- Drybrushed the feet area with some browns for that stomping in dirt feel
- Used Citadel Badab Black wash all over the miniature
- Minimal highlights (studs, bolts, rivets, gearwheels, etc.)
- Bases are comprised of Woodland Scenics grass flock, deadfall trees, & rocks. I also use a Autumn Mix Leaf Scatter (Apparently Skullcrafts has vanished but other companies make leaves now.)
- Finally I varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then use Army Painter Anti-Shine Matte Varnish