I decided to use my opponent’s reports of the battles since he did a awesome job of summarizing them 🙂
Both games were played were using Steamroller Scenario #4 “Gaining Ground” which has 3 zones. You get 0 points for controlling the zone closest to you, 1 for the middle zone and 2 points for the zone furthest away. Both games were Khador vs Circle Orboros.
Battle 037 Highlights – pVlad vs Mohsar
- Basically I deployed in the corner & Khador deployed centrally…which was 60% of my downfall the other 40% was not playing aggressively enough
- My opponent advanced up, but due to my deployment and I had pretty bad charge lanes from the corner, so I did not have very many options to deal with the Khador forces
- Khador basically walked up & took out my units one by one
- I had a last ditch effort to use Sands Of Fate on models blocking his caster to try a assassination run, but my spray either did not hit or Khador made their tough rolls (They made like 80% of his tough rolls this game lol!)
- Khador wins by scenario!
- My dice fail was pretty horrible this game…80% of my rolls were under 6 & I managed to roll snake eyes twice in a row
My opponent was kind enough to humor me with another game.
Battle 038 Highlights – pVlad vs Mohsar
- Deployed centrally this time
- Tharn Bloodtrackers ran up too far & eventually got picked off by Widowmakers, but not before killing a couple Doomreavers
- Megalith whacked a couple Widowmakers
- Stalker cleared out the Great Bears, Doomreavers, & Behemoth…that guy is nuts…and got skewered the following turn by pVlad hopped up on Blood Of Kings
- Shifting Stones teleported up to capture the zone furthest from me for 2 points
- Opponent is unable to assassinate Mohsar and I win by scenario thanks to the Shifting Stones!
What I learned…
- Need more practice with timed rounds
- Need more practice estimating how much fury I’ll be using so I know how much needs to be generated
- Need to use Tharn Bloodtrackers better
- BE MORE AGGRESSIVE!! I need to be always looking for the alpha strike with Circle Orboros!
Thanks again for the games & tips!