Looks like they are finally getting on the ball with with their video channel and they just released a couple of massive announcements!
War Room fulfills what EVERYONE was yearning for in this digital age and it looks like it will do what the players wanted and more. Plus they are releasing it for FREE!? WHAAAAAT!? Respect!
- Army Creation Workshop: Players can select their faction and game size and then choose their warcasters and warlocks, warjacks or warbeasts, units, solos, and battle engines to create valid lists, all within the War Room application.
- Full Card Display: Model stat cards are shown exactly as they are printed, so players can reference them easily and with the same confidence as printed cards.
- In-Game Status Tracking: In-game damage and status tracking will give players immediate and easily accessible information on every fighting model in their command.
- In-Game List Sharing: Lists will be sharable between every player using War Room in the same game so they can quickly access each other’s model status and abilities, allowing players to keep their focus on the tabletop action.
- Turn Clock: This optional player-initiated feature allows players to keep individual turns fast but fairly apportioned.
The base app is a free download and contains cards from all current WARMACHINE and HORDES starter products.
Full faction decks for both WARMACHINE and HORDES will be available as additional downloads for $6.99. Every deck will include all currently released stat cards for that faction as well as new model updates for the life of the current rules set.
DAMN! That’s a huge beech!
BELLEVUE, WA, February 3, 2012 – Privateer Press is pleased to announce the next expansion book for its award-winning WARMACHINE tabletop miniatures game, WARMACHINE: Colossals, which will release worldwide July 2012.
The new book introduces colossals to the tabletop—finely detailed super-heavy warjacks on 120 mm bases. When asked about these unprecedented new models, Privateer Press Director of Business Development William Shick said, WARMACHINE: Colossalsembody the next big step for WARMACHINE and Privateer Press. Colossals are the culmination of everything we’ve learned over the last ten years of making miniatures and represent a new pinnacle of WARMACHINE models. Not only are these models loaded with stunning detail, they tower over other models on the tabletop. What’s more, they open up a whole new range of tactics and strategies for WARMACHINE players, making for an even more exciting tabletop experience.”
In addition to one of these all-new colossals for every faction, WARMACHINE: Colossals features new warcasters representing the third incarnations of some of the Iron Kingdoms’ most iconic characters, plus fully compiled and updated Unbound rules, providing enhanced gameplay opportunities for large-scale games of 150 points or more.