Ever since seeing the Demolisher in Warmachine Wraith book I was extremely curious on how the model would look compared to the book’s art. A friend was able to snatch one for me at GenCon and I must say it looks pretty damn cool in person. I didn’t like the Spriggan in the new plastic version but I wanted to use the others so I decided to magnetize the main head armor. I was also able to fit pins in the guns to make them removable to my own surprise!
The thoughts of different synergies and just another fun shooty jack for Harkevich to play with Broadsides compelled me to get him. So far he’s been a real BLAST to play! See what I did there? Huh, huh?!?
- Magnetize the head armor using 2mm x 1mm magnets
- Army Painter Desert Yellow primer
- Base coat colors using Vallejo Game/Model Air Colors
- Used Citadel Badab Black wash all over the miniature
- Minimal highlights (studs, bolts, rivets, etc.)
- Bases are comprised of Woodland Scenics grass, trees, & rocks. I also use Autumn Mix Leaf Scatter
- Finally I varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then used Testor’s Dull Cote to kill the shine