Alas he is finally done! After a friend gave me a refresher course on using a airbrush, I finally gathered the courage to do it. Some might question why I would try my first time on such a glorious model?! Well it’s not a character model and this thing is massive. It would take me way too long to use a standard brush (and yes I know they come in all sizes!). Anyways…I’m happy to say that now that I have tasted this, there’s no going back for me. Airbrushing is just too awesome, time saving, and you can primer, base coat, zenithal lighting layering much better than any brush or spray. If your looking to invest in one, don’t skimp and get a proper one!
- Magnetized the main gun
- Airbrushed Desert Yellow diluted with a Iwata Eclipse HP-CS & Smart Jet Pro Compressor
- Base coat other colors using Vallejo Game/Model Air Colors
- Used Citadel Badab Black wash all over the miniature
- Minimal highlights (studs, bolts, rivets, etc.)
- Bases are comprised of Woodland Scenics grass, trees, & rocks. I also use Autumn Mix Leaf Scatter.
- Finally I varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then used Testor’s Dull Cote to kill the shine