I was advised awhile ago by a national tournament player to try this guy out. I put him off to the side for awhile but got motivated to finally finish him up when Vlad3 came out. I’ve used him only a handful of times, but overall I am pretty happy with his tabletop performance. He might be easy to hit but having heavy warjack-like armor and steady helps his survivability. Another ability he has that tends to catch opponents off guard who haven’t played him before is counter-charge. I guess people assume this heavy metal cavalry doesn’t have the chops to react fast…but oh yes he does. Khador also usually has the highest POW on their mount attacks and his is stronger than those. Strafe the flanks Drakhun, strafe I say!!!
Yup, that’s his theme song 🙂
- Army Painter Desert Yellow Primer
- Base coat colors using Vallejo Game Colors & Vallejo Model Air Metallics
- Used Citadel Badab Black wash all over the miniature
- Minimal highlights (studs, rivets, horse teeth, etc.)
- Bases are comprised of Woodland Scenics grass, rocks & a Autumn Mix Leaf Scatter
- I varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then use Testor’s Dullcote to take away the gloss