I decided to paint this unit up in the hopes of running the NQ#34 Hunting Wolves Tier list for Zerkova this year sometime. These models were also the first time I used a alternative black wash. Instead of Badab Black I used Army Painter Ink Dark Tone. The results were solid and I would dare to even say it’s better than Badab Black! It doesn’t have the crazy smell either. The flow of the ink was superior and I found I could push and pull the ink around more. It is also harder to pool spots so it looks generally smoother on flatter surfaces as well. So if your looking for a proper replacement to Badab Black and Devlan Mud, I highly recommend checking out the Army Painter Inks!
- Army Painter Desert Yellow Primer
- Base coat colors using Vallejo Game Colors & Vallejo Model Air Metallics
- Used Army Painter Ink Dark Tone all over the miniature using a flat brush
- Minimal highlights (studs, rivets, flesh, etc.)
- Bases are comprised of Woodland Scenics grass & a Autumn Mix Leaf Scatter
- I varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then use Testor’s Dullcote to take away the gloss
- Finally I use Vallejo Gloss Varnish on the gem stones