The first time I ran into Orin Midwinter was a game on Vassal. I thought his different abilities were pretty cool and decided to pick him up. The one powerful ability he has is being able to deter spell casting within 12″ of him. it’s odd because you would think it would be his CMD and this does throw some people off. It’s pretty legit if he has proper backup or something he can hide behind. The model I got had a irregular molding on the staff’s orb between it’s pincers so I decided to just cut it off completely. I know it’s a older model but I thought the need to have separate pieces for his non-staff hand and the back end of the stuff wasn’t needed. I hope to use him in some future tournaments as a sideboard as I have only used him a handful a times in casual games.
- Army Painter Desert Yellow Primer
- Base coat colors using Vallejo Game Colors & Vallejo Model Air Metallics
- Army Painter Dark Tone Ink all over the miniature
- Minimal highlights (flesh & staff crystal)
- Bases are comprised of Woodland Scenics grass & a Autumn Mix Leaf Scatter
- I then varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then use Testors Dullcote to subdue the shine
- I finally brush on Vallejo Gloss Varnish on the staff crystal