I painted him before I got to even to play test him. I really didn’t like his metal banner so I cut it off and replaced it with a brass rod. I was inspired to create my own 3rd Division banner thanks to Rob Hawkins’ Banner Tutorial. If you know your way around a photo editing program then you won’t have to draw anything yourself. I just used scanned images and cleaned them up a bit a long with the Khador Iron Kingdoms fonts. I am really happy with the results for it being my first time trying this. Although you can’t see it in the photo, there is texture all over the banner itself.
I recently played him a couple weekends ago at a Steamroller tournament and he performed amazing for me. A friend lent me his IFP and IFP Kovnik to try them out. I now want to invest in some Black Dragon Iron Fang Pikemen in the near future. DAMN YOU IRON FANG KOVNIK!!!
Totally his theme song 🙂
- Army Painter Desert Yellow Primer
- Base coat colors using Vallejo Game Colors & Vallejo Model Air Metallics
- Used Army Painter Dark Tone Ink all over the miniature using a big flat brush
- Minimal highlights (studs, rivets, flesh, etc.)
- Bases are comprised of Woodland Scenics grass & a Autumn Mix Leaf Scatter
- I varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then use Testor’s Dullcote to take away the gloss
- Finally I then attached the banner