Here’s some Line Troops from Yu Jing. I’ve pretty much stuck with my same painting recipe except now I will highlight after the dark tone inks are used. I figured since I don’t have to paint a lot of models such as the larger units from WARMACHINE/HORDES I could experiment more.
- Touch Tone Flat Grey Primer (Cheap automotive primer!)
- Base coat colors using Vallejo Game Colors & Vallejo Model Air Metallics
- Army Painter Dark Tone Ink all over the miniature
- Highlight using the same basecoat color & painted the flesh
- Bases are comprised of Basecrafts Autumn Scatter & Basecrafts Mixed Leaves
- I then varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then use Testors Dullcote to subdue the shine