For my other set of remotes from the Yaoxie types I decided to try a thinned down wash to give it a clean look. They came out pretty good for no touch ups and opted to keep a minimal palette only using four colors. With proper color separation, minimal palettes will tend to look better and more uniformed. Less is more.
- Touch Tone Flat Grey Primer (Cheap automotive primer!)
- Base coat colors using Vallejo Game Colors
- Army Painter Dark Tone Ink all over the miniature
- Highlight lens with a glow effect
- Bases are comprised of Basecrafts Autumn Scatter & Basecrafts Mixed Leaves
- I then varnish with Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch Gloss Coat (Non-Yellowing & UV Resistant) & then use Testors Dullcote to subdue the shine